Academic Technology operates four rooms in the J. Paul Leonard Library suitable for meetings, conferences, and presentations. Faculty and staff may reserve these rooms for events. Academic Technology also operates The Collaboratory in Burk Hall, a computer mediated classroom available for classes and meetings up to four times per semester, per class.
Rooms available to reserve
- Capacity: 8
- AV: Flatscreen, VGA input
- Additional notes: IdeaPaint, Webcam, Phone
- Capacity: 22
- AV: Two LCD panels, HDMI and VGA input
- Additional Notes: Whiteboard wall, rolling whiteboard, small window, Phone
A medium capacity classroom overlooking Holloway Avenue.
- Capacity: 40
- AV: Two projectors, VGA and HDMI input
- Additional Information: IdeaPaint, large window overlooking Holloway Ave
- Capacity: 50
- AV: Two projectors, VGA input only, DVD, VHS, Cablecast
- Additional Notes: IdeaPaint, CourseStream enabled, Phone
- Capacity: 20
- AV: Projector, Campus television
- Additional notes: 20 PC laptop computers plus one instructor computer station.
Food is absolutely not allowed in this room.
Requesting a room
Our conference rooms can be reserved through the Academic Technology website. When making your reservation, make sure to mention any equipment you will need for your event.
Events can be scheduled between the hours of 8AM - 9:45PM Monday through Thursday, and 8:00AM - 5:00PM on Fridays.
Before your event
Academic Technology has several rooms to accommodate your needs.
To make a reservation, please provide a brief description of your event, the number of participants, the name and contact information of the person or group sponsoring the event and whether you require any additional technology such as a projector or a laptop.
We request reservations be made two business days in advance of the event to make sure we have a space to reserve for you. Reservations can only be made four times per semester per class or organization to ensure that all campus members have an opportunity to host events in Academic Technology spaces.
During your event
On the day of your event, please stop by Library 220 fifteen minutes before your event is scheduled to begin to have someone open the room for you and help you set up if necessary. Food is not permitted in the rooms, but drinks are permitted if they are in covered containers. Furniture may be moved around to suit your needs, but we ask that everything is left the way you found it, that all rubbish is put in the bins outside the door, and, if so equipped, all whiteboard space is erased.